News & Club opening hours
A reminder for all players to register with Cricket Leinster if you have not already done so
New sight screens
As we start the season, many of you will have noticed the new sightscreens and maybe also the new mower for the square. The committee is grateful to the contribution of nearly €10k made by Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media under the Sports Capital Program
Cheese Tasting & Wine Quiz
Join us for a Blind Wine Tasting evening like none other. You don't even need to know anything about wine - but you need an appetite for fun, and a desire for wine will help too!
You'll get points for every correct answer and can play as individuals or as a team. Decide on the night!
Taking place at 7:30pm on Thurs May 11th in the Bar. Cost is €27.50pp and book is essential as spaces are limited
A message from the Youth Team
Hunter and his team are thrilled to see everyone working hard at training.
Welcome to all our new members. We are thrilled to have you.
The first youth matches start this weekend with the Cubs away to Adamstown, the very best of luck to Nick and the team ??
We have a Minor boys inter club match on Saturday morning starting at 10am if anyone wants to watch the boys they will be playing on the top pitch and would love the support.
We are also delighted to announce the July camp, starting Monday the 3rd of July. Registration & Payment details on the website.
Have a great week and keep praying for the sun to come out for Frosty and the pitch!
Malahide Green Fingers Group
A big thank you to the MCC Green Fingers Group of Justin Rodgers, Helena Jefferies, Barbara McDonald, John Caul and Graeme Tarbox......with expert help & advice from Hazel Bolton.
Who's the Pro
A big welcome to Bella Armstrong who joins the Woman's first XI this year. We thought we would do a brief Q & A with her to break the ice and hopefully you'll stop & say hi and welcome her to the club. Welcome Bella, delighted to have you join the Village for a bumper season.
- Bella Armstrong - Right arm medium - preferred batting spot would be number 4
- Where did you grow up? - I was born & raised in Auckland, New Zealand
- Tell us a bit more about yourself - I have an older brother and sister, two cats, and a dog back home
- How did you get into Cricket? Any other sports that compete with it? - I come from a very sporty family so played any and every sport growing up! Had always watched my Dad and brother be involved in cricket so started playing around 5 years old for Cornwall CC.
- Favourite & worst cricket related memory - My favourite cricket memory would have to be taking 7-18 against Otago. My worst memory would be injuring my shoulder the following season, which took me out for a year.
- Any weird Cricket routine habits or quirks - Not really to be honest, I’ve got rid of all my superstitions over the years
- Finally what you hope to achieve this season - I’m mainly excited for the new challenges I’ll face, whether that’s the different conditions or the opposition I’ll come up against. Also, just to have some fun!
YOGA - Monday nights with Gwen
Club & Bar opening hours this weekend.
Fri 5pm - 10:30pm
Sat 3pm - 10:30pm
Sun 3pm - 10pm